MATERI KELAS 11
Suggestion & Offer
1. Suggestion
Suggestion adalah saran yang diberikan kepada seseorang tentang apa yang sebaiknya dilakukan.
Asking for Suggestion
Digunakan untuk meminta saran.
What should I do? → Apa yang harus saya lakukan?
What do you suggest? → Apa yang kamu sarankan?
Do you have any suggestions? → Apakah kamu punya saran?
Giving Suggestion
Digunakan untuk memberikan saran.
You should + V1
You should study harder.
Why don't you + V1?
Why don't you take a rest?
How about + V-ing?
How about studying together?
Responding to Suggestion
Menerima:
That's a good idea.
I agree.
Thank you for your suggestion.
Menolak dengan sopan:
I don't think so.
Thanks, but I have another plan.
Contoh
A: I have an English test tomorrow. What should I do?
B: You should study tonight.
A: That's a good idea. Thank you.
2. Offer
Offer adalah tawaran untuk memberikan bantuan atau sesuatu kepada orang lain.
Making an Offer
Can I + V1?
Can I help you?
Shall I + V1?
Shall I carry your bag?
Would you like + noun?
Would you like some water?
Would you like to + V1?
Would you like to come with us?
Responding to Offer
Menerima:
Yes, please.
Sure, thank you.
That would be great.
Menolak dengan sopan:
No, thank you.
I'm fine, thank you.
Thanks, but I can do it myself.
Contoh
A: You look tired. Would you like some water?
B: Yes, please. Thank you.
A: You're welcome.
Perbedaan Suggestion dan Offer
| Suggestion | Offer |
|---|---|
| Memberikan saran | Memberikan tawaran |
| You should study. | Can I help you? |
| How about taking a rest? | Would you like some water? |
Mudah diingat:
👉 Suggestion = "Sebaiknya kamu..."
👉 Offer = "Bolehkah saya...?" / "Maukah kamu...?"
Comments
Post a Comment